Sunday, April 1, 2012

Love, Uncaged


"Love, Uncaged"
inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"
acrylic on birch panel
11 x 14 inches plus frame
2012
inquiries:
corylou311(at)yahoo(dot)com



Here's the finished painting of my contribution to the Hitchcock themed group show for 
Gallery 1988 Venice.  
The show opens this Friday, April 13th
214 Pier Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90405


Here's the progress shots:



I love many Hitchcock movies, and was very inspired by seeing The Birds again recently.  

I was going to do something with the obvious choice of crows, but never having painted lovebirds before, and seeing how docile and cute they were in the movie (they were actually the only birds to NOT harm anyone), I decided I would go that route instead.  

The lovebirds were a gift from Melanie Daniels (Tippi Hedren) to Mitch Brenner (Rod Taylor) that were supposed to be for his sister Cathy.  They are present in Bodega Bay for the whole bird attack fiasco, but mysteriously remain docile throughout (except for in my version!).

The flowers, tuberose, signify "Dangerous Love" in floriography (Victorian flower language).


Also, I wanted to add that the final image of the painting is a professional scan, so there may be some prints available in the future! ;)



No comments: