Saturday, April 9, 2011

Welcome to the Doll Haus!


"Den Brutale Dans (The Brutal Dance)"
acrylic on wooden dolls
2011
SOLD





That's my finished piece for the "Doll Haus" show at Rothick Art Haus that's tonight and a couple progress shots underneath.
The barn owl sits upon a cat skull, the crow upon a kitten skull, and the black one is the creepy, evil-looking parrot skull.

I would have posted the finished piece sooner, but I lost my pictures when the laptop crashed last week. It was pretty scary, but my husband brought it back from the abyss.

Check out the show if you're in Orange County, there looks to be many interesting pieces. I, on the other hand, have apparently either pinched a nerve or pulled a muscle in my neck/back while lifting weights at the gym this morning, so I'll be here at home, hopped up on Ibuprofen and beer.

No comments: