Sunday, August 11, 2013

Light the Way Home



"Light the Way Home"
acrylic on birch panel
5 x 7 inches, framed
2013
$300.00
SOLD

A black cat finds rescue from the dark woods when an owl lights the way home.  

Black cats are often the most in need of adoption in shelters, because they are often thought of as bad luck.  As a former mom of a black cat, I can assure that there is absolutely no truth to that myth.  My sweet little black cat was adopted from an SPCA, and was one of the greatest loves of my life. 

Here's my painting for "Rescue Me" curated by Cody Raiza, an animal-themed art event in promotion of pet adoption.

I was very honored to be asked to participate in this show.  Not only are animals in general my deepest love, I've had many adopted cats that I can't imagine my life without.  I think adopting through shelters is a no brainer, but obviously there is still the need for awareness on this subject and there are always wonderful creatures who are desperately looking for their forever homes.

Part of the sales from the artworks will go to help shelter animals in need, so please consider purchasing  from this show or making a donation!

Friday and Saturday September 6th and 7th at The Egan, inside the Magoski Arts Complex in Fullerton:  
223 W Santa Fe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92832
Here's the flyer, and more info is available HERE on the event's page on Facebook.  


No comments: