Monday, February 11, 2013

I'm Here For Your Heart and I'm Not Leaving Without It


"I'm Here For Your Heart and I'm Not Leaving Without It"
Inspired by agriozoophilia; the obsessive love of wild animals
acrylic on birch panel
12 x 9.5 inches oval framed to 18 x 13 inches
2013
inquiries: corylou311(at)yahoo(dot)com for inquiries


I chose agriozoophilia for the theme of this painting; the obsessive love of wild animals, which is definitely something I have!
I was also inspired by Valentine's Day, love, jealously, hatred, confusion; really all the mixed emotions that this holiday can stir up.  

The animals are all experiencing different emotional states within or without relationships, and the title is both literal and figurative.




The show boasts yet another amazing lineup, including Buddy Nestor, Heather Gargon, Dan Harding, Caity Hackett, Jackie Gallagher, Jasmine Worth, Michal Brodka, Mike Wohlberg, Suzanne Falk, Zoe Williams and many more, including myself.

No comments: